Moonworld Install Windlight Settings
MoonWorld uses special themes to simulate the lunar
environment. The themes create a black sky with stars, sun, earth, and
other celestial bodies, as well as, removing the waves that lap around
Create a "Lunar Morning" theme with instructions at
or manually install two files...
- Verify that your Second Life viewer is NOT running.
- Download the two theme files (right click and save):
- Navigate to your Second Life install directory, e.g.,
on a Windows PC its in C:\Program Files\SecondLifeViewer\
or C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer\
- Within that folder you will see another folder called
"app_settings". Open it, then find the "windlight" folder and open it.
Then and drag the "LunarMorning7.xml" file into the "skies" folder, and
"Blackwater.xml" into the "water" folder.
- Run the Second Life Viewer, and log in with your avatar.
- From the Second Life Viewer top menu, select: World >> Environment
Editor >> Environment Settings >> Use customize my environment, and
set Water to BlackWater, and set fixed sky to LunarMorning7
MoonWorld is now transformed into a more dramatic environment!
Returning to the Default Settings
In the SL Viewer fom the SL top menu (in recent versions), select
World >> Environment Editor >> Environment Settings >> Use Region